An Opticlude Orthoptic Eye Patch is a small patch that is worn to cover a lost or injured eye.
It may be a cloth patch attached around the head by an elastic band or by a string, an adhesive bandage or a plastic device which is clipped to a pair of glasses.
It is often worn by children as it also has a therapeutic use for the treatment of amblyopia.
Using Eye patch is also indicated for protection from bright light ruptured globe healing a corneal abrasion and to protect the cornea and associated structures from injury.
3M Opticlude Orthoptic Eye Patch is used for treating childhood Strabismus (lazy eye syndrome)and Amblyopia (impaired or dim vision).
The eye patch encourages the weaker eye to function properly.
- The Opticlude eye patch for adult is oval in shape and tan in colour for low profile
- It is a central non adherent pad that prevents eye secretions from sticking the pad to the eye
- This medical eye patch consists of a non-woven microporous breathable backing that allows the skin to breath and function normally
- The eye patch is extra gentle as it is designed for sensitive skin
- This orthoptic eye patch is a perfect pick for eye occlusion during surgery
- These eye patches for adults are convenient and easy to apply and fits comfortably behind the glasses yet allows free movement of the eyelid
- Size – 5.0 cm x 6.2 cm
- Pack of 20pcs.